This is a blog that I have set up as a requirement for my writing class, but I hope to also use it to open up as a writer and to write about things that I am passionate about.
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Wordiness
I have not really posted any blogs that are related to class, but this weeks discussion board really has me thinking. I really really and I mean really do not like discussing sentence structure. The paramedic method has me picking apart my sentences and trying to reword them into less wordy sentences. OK. Sounds easy. Well, I am having the hardest time doing it. I am a very wordy person and often use unnecessary words but I do not think my paper is too wordy. When I try to reword my sentences, I either lose my flow, or worse, create an even longer sentence! So I am really struggling this week with just the discussion board...well, I am off on another attempt to reword a paragraph.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Jess,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you are having a hard time. I haven't even begun doing my discussion post and have to do it today. Sometimes I procrastinate too much! I have enjoyed this class, but to be honest, will be glad when it's over. I think the 10 weeks is long enough! I do have some classes though that I wish were actually longer. Some of my nutrition classes, I feel would be better to have more time to learn. I think we go through the chapters too fast. Good luck today!! Don't stress too much!! :) I know, easier said then done!
Hi Jessica! I know what you mean about the discussion board question this week. It is Sunday and I am just finishing mine posts. When I have to go back and try to reword my sentences, I end up second guessing what I want to say. It takes so long because I end up wanting to change everything!
ReplyDeleteHi Jessica, We were so busy this weekend I did get mine until Sunday so I felt like I was rushing to get it done. We went racing all weekend and had an absolute blast. We got our race to the fastest time it's ever done a 10:27 that's awesome given we just built the motor and put it all back together this week. Well anyway good luck will all this paper stuff it will be over soon ty goodness....Candi
ReplyDelete