This is a blog that I have set up as a requirement for my writing class, but I hope to also use it to open up as a writer and to write about things that I am passionate about.

Friday, July 23, 2010

My husband never ceases to amaze me...

Jason is the most talented person I know...but also the most humble. He is a great singer but rarely sings, even for me. I have heard him only a handful of times. One of those was when he had a solo in church and brought most of the congregation to tears (because it was so good). He is also a great muscician. I recently learned that there is not an instrument that he can not play beautifully. Last night while at vacation bible school, my husband finished up teaching all of the children one of the VBS songs and our son, as stubborn as he is, did not want to go with the other kids to do crafts. So my husband took him into the choir room and started to play the piano with him. I stood in the hall in awe at how beautifully he played. When our son decided he was done my husband turned around, suprised to see that I had listened (he doesn't like people to hear him do anything). "I didn't know you knew how to play the piano" I said. He replied with a smile, "there isn't an instrument I can't play." Even after seven years of marriage, he still suprises me.

2 comments:

  1. Aww that is so sweet. It is nice to still be finding out special things about your husband after 7 years. I would just think that would mean that there is never going to become a time when your two have said everything possible to each other. There is always going to be something that surprises you. I have only been married for 2 years, and I get surprised everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica,

    Why is he so scared to share is wonderful ability? This may seem like an obvious question, but what a wonderful gift to be shared.

    ReplyDelete