This is a blog that I have set up as a requirement for my writing class, but I hope to also use it to open up as a writer and to write about things that I am passionate about.

Friday, July 16, 2010

I eat, sleep, think, and even dream about my paper

For 2 weeks now I have been working on my paper. Much of my time I feel was wasted on crumbled up pices of paper and deleted pages on microsoft word. I have been worrying about how my paper would sound, what it would look like and even if I could write it. Every waking moment is spent thinking about my paper...even my sleeping moments. I woke up last night from a dream where I was typing and finishing my paper. I felt so relieved but then I woke up and realized, I was not done. Still, while I ate breakfast, I thought about how good it will feel when unit 9 comes and I submit my paper. So the dread is gone and now I am motivated to type!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Jessica,

    I just imagine a room that has a new swivel chair and whole bunch of pieces of paper surrounding you. How many times did you face palm? I have been worrying about my paper a lot also. I dreamed that I didn't turn it in and I got kicked out of class. That is a terrible dream. I hate it when you complete a task in your dream and really are still incomplete. Motivation is all it takes to get the phalanges moving. Good Luck!

    James Sposkoski

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jessica,
    I read your comment today and though I ould read your post. I have so many lines through out my paper on words or phrases I could stand to look at any more. I have written so many papers since I started here at Kaplan, I have no idea why this one is so different. Usually I can start writing and in a couple of days I have it just about perfect. This time no way. I know whet you mean about dreams apparently quite a few of us are getting beat up by them. Poor James got kicked out of class, you got excited that it was finished and had to wake up, and I just got a 0 and my GPA went way down. We are stressing to much. I think we should all go out to chillis or olive garden and have a couple margaritas or glasses of wine, what do you think? Any ways we will all get there and I do not know you well but it seems like you are a strong person I am sure you will produce a great paper. Good luck and have a relaxed weekend.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica,

    You will do just fine on your paper. I know how you feel though about eating, sleeping your paper. I have also been doing that. My only problem that I am having is making sure that I have an argument and making sure that it flows. I can't wait to read you paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jessica,
    I understand how you are feeling about the paper. I have been so worried about my paper. This paper has been a whole lot harder to write then the informative paper. I wish you luck and hope that it all goes well with you.

    ReplyDelete