This is a blog that I have set up as a requirement for my writing class, but I hope to also use it to open up as a writer and to write about things that I am passionate about.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Insurance

I love the idea of insurance. It gives me a warm feeling to think that if something goes wrong, then someone will be there to help me with my loss. Unfortunate things happen all the time and what if every aspect of life had insurance? What if I had cooking insurance? Everytime something turned out bad, I could get something else. Oh or what about rainy day insurance? Whenever I plan an outdoor event, it rains, or worse, storms. Rainyday insurance could give me a back up plan. Many people get a prenup befor getting married...but I think love insurance would be even better! If the person did not fulfill all of their obligations stated in their vows then they would have to pay a set amount of money. What great motivation to stay in love. OK so it is not practical to think that for every bad thing that happens one can be made whole, but it is an interesting idea.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!
    This is great writing. Thanks for the reflective writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insurance is interesting. It doesn't give me the same feelings. I'm friends with a CEO insurance group. He insures everything. He even has his toaster insured. When you buy a product and you see those warranty cards. He feels them out and insures his stuff through his company. He explained that insurnace is the compensation in the event something goes wrong. The CEO's hope is that only one house burns down in a block, while the others are standing still paying into the system. Insurance is big money. I liked your blog. The end reminded me of Donald Trump.

    ReplyDelete